What you will learn in this article
What notifications are, what is their value for app marketers and how HEROW helps you do it better than anybody else.
What are notifications for?
Notifications are messages that are displayed on a mobile device. App publishers can send them at any time; users don’t have to be in the app or using their devices to receive them.
Notifications look like SMS text messages and mobile alerts, but they only reach users who have installed your app. Each mobile platform has support for notifications — iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows and BlackBerry all have their own services.
What is the value of a notification
The average monthly retention rate of mobile apps is 7%.
This means that on average out of 100 people that download an app on a given day, only 7 keep using the app a month after. For the very large majority of apps, the reason behind this is not that users do not see the value of the app but rather that they forget to use it on a daily basis. Notification allows marketers to send key information to users at specific moments to increase their app’s usage rates.
Why HEROW makes it better?
Notifications’ main objective is to boost the usage rate of your app to increase user loyalty. To achieve this, apps should send the appropriate content when users are likely to open it.
HEROW solves this 2 problems.
Trigger engagement at key daily moments and understand your users based on what they do in the real world.
A few applied examples using HEROW
Going-out/city guide app
- Before: promote your service at 5:00 PM when half of your users are still having meetings.
- After: promote your service right when your user leaves his/her office.
- Before: Notify all your users with a promotion for their next ride at 8:00 PM.
- After: Notify anytime a user leaves a bar/restaurant/cinema to offer the same promotion.
- Before: Send a coupon directly after purchase, when users are not likely to buy anything more.
- After: Send the same coupon when a user enters the surroundings of any of your stores, a week later.
How to create a HEROW notification campaign
Find all the needed information here, in our easy step by step guide to creating notifications on HEROW.