What you will learn in this article
In this article, you will learn how to best populate your environment using the HEROW categories system to monitor the key locations that matter to your business and create valuable engagement campaigns.
The HEROW platform enables you to use a category system to group your HEROW locations together. Each location can receive up to four separate categories which are why you should choose carefully.
How to create a category on HEROW
Categories can easily be managed from the “manage zones” section (green) in the “list” (red) section of the zone creation side panel.
Where to go to access the “manage zone” section
Once you have created your zone categories, here is how to manage them.
How to create your category’s classification system
These categories should be associated with particular moments in your users’ journey or have strategic value to your business. Find a couple of examples below of types of categories that should or should not be employed. Keep in mind that these are only examples and your categories should reflect the nature of YOUR business.
- Morning commute: train stations, breakfast location, coffee shops, yoga studio, etc.
- Late afternoon activities: gym, grocery shop, etc.
- Weekend activities: sports center, musical venue, retail stores, etc.
- Partner type: restaurant, bar, night club, etc.
- Objective location (store for purchase vs street advertising for awareness)
- Location type: park, historical spot, transport station, etc.
- Intrinsic characteristics: restaurant type like vegan, BBQ, bistronomy, fast food, etc.
Categories for different uses
Using the HEROW tags, you will have 2 main usages of categories.
1/ Analyse your users’ behavior
Analyze the user flow within your categories, the typology (time spent, recurrence, time of the day) and monitor which category causes the highest app activity rate (when is your app being used) to focus your marketing efforts and learn where your users prefer to use your app.
2/ Manage your campaigns to target user moments
To target messages fitting to particular contexts, one can use the categories as the equivalent of “segment for zones”. This way you can easily direct messages at chosen contexts linked with specific actions.